Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Solicitors...funny story

Alright...let me start this off by saying I am usually patient with solicitors.  I feel for them.  Until they won't take no for an answer, or they keep calling back even when you tell them you are not interested and to please "Put you on the DO NOT CALL LIST"...so here's where this story comes in...

For the past couple months The Mixing Bowl has been getting calls from a certain company trying to sell us something we are not interested in.  I have asked them over and over again to please remove our name from their list....they keep calling.  As some of you may know I have a lady who helps me out at the store who is from the Philippines.  One day the solicitor called and we were laughing and said the next time they called since they won't give up, that we would just let our little Cathy talk to them in her language and confuse them and they would maybe give up calling on us.  I know, sounds mean...but she was up for it...and hey, they won't quit calling.

So today the phone rings...I see the 855 number that has been calling and I hand the phone to Cathy...all of us are grinning thinking we are going to show them....lol.  Cathy starts speaking...and she pauses....and looks confused...and she starts speaking again (in her Philippine language) and the rest of us are looking at each other thinking NO WAY...the person on the other end is speaking back to Cathy in Philippino and they are carrying on a conversation...back and forth....We were all dying laughing and couldn't believe it.  We still couldn't get away from the solicitor!  haha.  It was just too coincidental and what were the odds of that?  We laughed about that all day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment